Saturday, December 22, 2007
"No worries MOM, the fire is out!"
Almost two years to the date, Tate pulled the fire alarm at a hotel we were staying at in Boise. This last week he shut himself inside the pantry. Luckily there was no fire involved~ just the extinguisher. I was on the phone and saw from under the pantry door a puff of what appeared to be flour spilling out from under the door. I jumped up to survey the mess, when Tate steps out holding the fire extinguisher that he'd just sprayed inside if the pantry. Fortunately, I just laughed. I'd never used an extinguisher before and was also curious to see how it worked. So we opened the back door and sprayed it a couple of times. It goes far! We quickly shut the door so the cloud of dust wouldn't come back in the house. Hmm. I turned my back and the door was opened again and the powder came blowing in. Ahhhh! The pantry was already a dusty mess, now the living room was too! The clean-up was relatively quick compared to the 18 hard boiled eggs cracked and smeared all over the kitchen and dining room floors. (Not in this house) Now that was not fun to clean. Another time, another day~ it's the memories we'll remember. Now, I wished that I'd taken a picture ~but I already disposed of that extinguisher and I'm not willing to do a repeat just for the sake of a picture!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment