August 20, 1998 SLC TempleSo what did we do to celebrate the 10th year? I found never-before-seen footage of our wedding breakfast at Little America Hotel in SLC and our reception in Ogden, Utah. I thought these 2 mini vhs videos were history with all of the moves, but I found them in the garage a month ago and was so excited. So, Walgreens there I went~ got them shipped and shaped into DVD's and took them to the coast to surprise Scott. It was a surprise to Scott and the kids. Yes, the kids came with us for 2 nights at our favorite place in Seaside. They weren't really interested in the videos and funny enough, we weren't either. Actually, after the first 5 minutes we were so uncomfortable to see ourselves talking and we turned it off. So much for the anticipated long lost videos. Story continues after this picture break.
We headed for the store for the 2nd gift of a card (that will one day get written in) and some chocolate (that the kids and I devoured the next day) I love the card and so did the lady checking us out~ it was so classic, a checker taking the time to read your very own anniversary card! What the? Laugh, cuz it was funny ....another break
We then got went back and wrestled the kids to bed, Scott popped opened the computer which acted like a night-light to the little 3 year old curly blonde haired Eden, who squeezed herself in between us on our bed... Scott reviewed work stuff and watched recaps of the Olympics and that my friends, is exactly how the night went and I woke up the following day in another bed with Evie. Pretty normal for us. Are we the only family out there that plays musical beds?
Anyway, we had an excellent time at the beach playing in the sand, swimming in the hotel pool, playing in the refreshing ocean waves, sight seeing, eating yummy BBQ food and really charishing my precious company to enjoy the time with...my family, and that's who I would've exactly chosen to spend our 10th year anniversary with anyway!




5 comments:
congrats on the 10 yr. You have a great family with adorable kids. I always thought it was neat to see Madison get so excited to be around Julianne. I can't believe how the time flies. Hope to see you guys sometime during the holidays this year.
Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a great get away----you get to the point that you can't imagine the family without being all together. I absolutely love all the pictures of your wedding day.....so beautiful. Glad you could celebrate.
Michelle, either Steve or I end up in Dani's bed because she has somehow squeezed into our's. Musical bed's for the last 12 years. I love your pictures and the fun anniversary your were able to spend with your family. It was fun to see Lexy 10 years ago. Congratulations...I hope the next 10 are just as wonderful. We love you guys!!!!!
I just came across your blog and had to say Happy Anniversary. I was married in the SLC temlple aug 7th 1998. What a small world. Any way, Congrats!!!
You were a lovely bride-really great photos!I love the pic of everyone on the stairs. classic! Good work these past 10 yrs Scott and Michelle! You have a beautiful family :-)
Post a Comment