This past weekend I took Tate with me and our good friend brought his 9yr. old son. Tate is a natural! On average we try to climb 6-8 good routes in a session before our muscles are totally fatigued. Tate climbed probably 20 different times and it wasn't until the very end (3hrs later) that he said he was tired or maybe he was bored by that time. It didn't seem to stop him the rest of the day, though. He scrambled up every wall we put him on. It was as though the 5 yr vs. 9 yr old mentality of who could make it to the top first was all he was they could talk about. Tate is very competitive and beat his elder up the wall with ease each time. He of course didn't stick to the intended routes, but rather whatever he could reach, but it was an impressive sight.
Monday, January 19, 2009
Spider Man
For the past several months I have been climbing with some friends at a climbing gym. So we can increase our stamina and skill during the winter months in preparation for this spring and summer outings.
This past weekend I took Tate with me and our good friend brought his 9yr. old son. Tate is a natural! On average we try to climb 6-8 good routes in a session before our muscles are totally fatigued. Tate climbed probably 20 different times and it wasn't until the very end (3hrs later) that he said he was tired or maybe he was bored by that time. It didn't seem to stop him the rest of the day, though. He scrambled up every wall we put him on. It was as though the 5 yr vs. 9 yr old mentality of who could make it to the top first was all he was they could talk about. Tate is very competitive and beat his elder up the wall with ease each time. He of course didn't stick to the intended routes, but rather whatever he could reach, but it was an impressive sight.
This past weekend I took Tate with me and our good friend brought his 9yr. old son. Tate is a natural! On average we try to climb 6-8 good routes in a session before our muscles are totally fatigued. Tate climbed probably 20 different times and it wasn't until the very end (3hrs later) that he said he was tired or maybe he was bored by that time. It didn't seem to stop him the rest of the day, though. He scrambled up every wall we put him on. It was as though the 5 yr vs. 9 yr old mentality of who could make it to the top first was all he was they could talk about. Tate is very competitive and beat his elder up the wall with ease each time. He of course didn't stick to the intended routes, but rather whatever he could reach, but it was an impressive sight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Wow-he is a spiderman! Look out Becky:-)
What a kid!!!It really doesn't suprise me at all. He's a lot like his dad...
Well, while I'm at confessing to my blog stalking your sisters, I might as well admit that I've found and read your blog. :) I don't know that we've even met, but I'm your cousin Sam's wife. And, by the way, we love the name Eden. Both our boys were going to be Eden, but they came out the wrong gender. :)
samueljanae.blogspot.com
Post a Comment