Monday, October 19, 2009

What should someone get divorced over?

No, our marriage isn't ending. Just last night here is the conversation I had with Tate while trimming his hair. I had to laugh and write it down.

Me: Did Sister Scott teach your class today?
Tate: Yeah, and Sister Reeves.
Me: Oh, she was there? She just got married on Friday. I wonder what her new last name is?
Tate: She got married? But she has kids.
Me: Yeah, but got a divorce.
Tate: What's a divorce?
Me: When people don't stay married anymore.
Tate: Oh, when they want to get rid of them then they get a divorce?
Me: (chuckle) Yes.
Tate: Are you divorced?
Me: No.
Tate: Have you ever been divorced?
Me: No.
Tate: Would you ever divorce Dad?
Me: Only if he did something really really bad.
Tate: He does.
Me: Oh?(curious) What does he do?
Tate: He says bad words.
Me: (chuckle) Oh? Like what?
Tate: He says the word "BUTT!"

Hmmm. Explain that one to a divorce attorney, right?

4 comments:

janae said...

Wow, conversations with your kids really do get better and better! That is super funny. You have a pretty naughty husband there! ;)

Audra said...

he does? he does. he does!!

I was laughing before I even read on to see what "he does"

hahaha. Tate is so funny. I can totally hear him saying that!!

Love the deal with it story too. Eden's hair is soo beautiful-I'm sure many a boy will loose sleep over her in the years to come. (green eyed girls too probably)

Becky said...

HOLY HILARIOUS!!!

KC said...

So funny!