Carl Worth and I took the teachers quorum rock climbing this last weekend and had a great time. A few weeks ago we spent time teaching them the basics of rock climbing, safety, equipment, and knots necessary for our outing. I wish there would have been more time to truly show them how its done, but there is always another day. The above picture is not of me , but was cool nonetheless (I can dream.)


We took the boys to a place called Rocky Butte. It is close in proximity to the Portland airport and extremely easy to get to. The road was literally 30 feet from the cliff side where we top roped and then followed a somewhat scary trail to the bottom. The Trail was almost harder than the climb itself.We had two routes going. The route I was belaying was harder and only one the boys was able to make it to the top, but each of the boys were able to make it to the top on the route Carl was tied into. The parents all said their boys had a great time and thought it was a fun activity. The young men are working on their climbing merit badge and varsity pin.






1 comment:
That first picture is so cool!
Post a Comment