Saturday, our stake held its annual 5K fun run. We hyped it up to the kids all week about how well they would do and how much fun it would be. Tate and Madison have already run in a mile race held earlier in the summer for a local bridge opening, so we thought we would push them a little harder for this race.

Saturday came and we had our two bob strollers ready to go. Michelle pushed Eden and Evie in one and I pushed Madison for about a 1/4 of a mile in mine before ditching it at the starting line after our first loop (it's harder to push an empty stroller while trying to run). Madison said she originally didn't want to participate because of a hurt toe, but jumped out of the bob and ran in crocs with the missionaries from our ward for the remainder of the trail. I think she was energized with how many people were running. The path was absolutely beautiful. It seemed as though we could have just kept running the 1.5 mile circle. No boring sidewalks, roads, or intersections that makes one wish they never left the comforts of their soft warm bed. I was impressed with Madison and Tate and how well they ran. The first time I ran in a 5K I was 32yrs old, not 5 and 7. I didn't get the courage to start running until my metabolism slowed and I started getting portly around the mid section. I am pleased with how well they all did. Eden ran a mile according to Michelle, and well Evie; she needs some more encouragement, but one day she will get there to.



4 comments:
Love anything to do with running! Congrats to all of you for doing so well. Keep those kids running....it could get them through college. Hope you are doing well. Fun to catch up with you on your blog. Love to all.
Good Job :)
way to go DeVries Family! That is awesome!
Way to go guys. I'm glad you are back posting. How goes the camera hunting???
Post a Comment