Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Trailblazers

Michelle and I went to a Portland Trailblazers game last week for our final date night before the new baby. We were given tickets from a good friends with season seats. I thought they were the run of the mill regular seats, but after seeing the tickets and finding out where they were I was star struck. We sat four rows behind the Trailblazers bench and had better seats than Brandon Roy's family sitting behind us a few rows. It was as if Coach McMillan wanted my help in directing the team. I felt like I was in the action, except for the minor fact that I am small in comparison, can't run fast, or shoot three pointers, but other than that I was part of the team.
It was a good game even though they continue their losing streak. Much thanks goes to Tracy McGrady who had 26 of 35 points in the second half. It was a fun time and we met a few people who really get into their game.
I must say though that the Rose Garden is extremly quiet in comparison to the however you say it now arena in Salt Lake with the Jazz. Must be all those loud and crazy Cougar and Ute fans coming together for once on common ground/court to let it all out.