Evie Jane DeVries was Born on April 8, 2008. She was born at 1:16 p.m. She weighed 7lbs. 6 ounces and was 19 inches long. We are officially a family of six. We had Evie as a scheduled C-Section because Michelle is considered high risk with having prior sections. Yesterday morning while talking with Eden I said, "did you know that mommy is having a baby today?" and she responded by taking her hand and making a swiping motion with sound effects across her belly. She had been well prepared. 



The hospital in Oregon City is smaller than the one in Twin Falls and the Doctor and staff let me have free reign in the OR with the camera. Dr. Carlton said that I needed to take more pictures or I was going to be fired as a photographer. They were very accommodating and let me stand and move around during the procedure. I am very grateful for modern medicine and the competence of those we entrusted Michelle to. The surgery was quick and the baby is healthy and beautiful. It is amazing how much trauma the body can take and how quickly it heals itself (I use this term quick loosely because I'm not the one with an incision across my lower abdomen with seven layers of stitches.) Whether children are born by c-section or natural this truly speaks of a higher power. I am grateful to know that we have a loving Father in Heaven who trusts us with his spirit children here in mortality.



Michelle's sister Tressa, couldn't come since she and her family live in Utah, so she sent her mother and sister in law (Stephanie and Brittney.) The children were so excited to come to the hospital last night to see their baby sister for the first time. Each one had to hold her multiple times. I love to see the sparkle in their eyes and the love they have for each other. We returned home around 9:30 and the kids sacked out quickly, while I cleaned and did laundry until 1:30 in the morning. This mom stuff does take a lot of time.




6 comments:
Little Evie Jane is beautiful just like her mother and brother and sisters and also her handsome dad. Love the name of your newest little girl. Being a parent is wonderful and one of God's greatest gifts. It is a pure miracle. Glad to hear that all went well and that you are holding up without sleep. Fun to see that Stephanie and Brittney could visit too. Enjoy this little angel. Take care of all and yourself included. Love to all!
She is so beautiful. The miracle of birth is amazing. I am glad she is healthy and here. I hope Michelle can recover quickly. The kids looked so excited and happy to hold and see their new sister. I love her name too!
What are Evie's stats? Come on, Dad-you're slacking on the details!!
That's a joke-I loved all the pics and especially your tribute to Michelle.
congrats on a beautiful little babe! I feel the same way about these sweet little spirits that are entrusted to us. nothing's better! congrats again.
Congrats-- she is beautiful. I love the name, too. Michelle, how do you look so beautiful after giving birth? Love you guys!
So CUTE!! She looks like Eden alot to me!! Good pickens' on the name- I really like IT! Cute - cute cute...I hope you are all having a good time with mom and I can't wait to see the little one in person!!!!
Post a Comment